Thursday, September 26, 2024

Keep your mind and hearts open...

 Today turned out to be a special day. We planned to clean up Laura's and other family members' grave sites today, which entails pulling out the marigolds and planting mums.  We woke to a cloudy day and soon a raining one. My husband wanted to postpone the trip, but I stood my ground, and we headed out in the rain. 

We arrived at the cemetery, and it was still raining. Surprisingly, the marigolds were still thriving beautifully! It broke my heart to pull and discard them. I knew it would be a little messy working in the rain.  As soon as we gathered our tools from the trunk and headed toward the graves the rain stopped. I was grateful. We replaced the marigolds with mums, walked over to the garbage can with all the trash and back to say our goodbye to Laura before departing.  Just as we entered the car the rain came pouring down. We were once again in awe. 

Later we found ourselves in Shoprite. The number at the deli counter was 61; I pulled a ticket, and it was number 83 (Laura's birth year). I silently thanked her for letting me know she was clearly with us today.


No comments:

Post a Comment