Sunday, February 28, 2010

Laura by Mary E Kurland (10/7/04)

I found this poem in a pamphlet from the annual memorial mass for the deceased children and grandchildren that we attended last May. Tonight I found the pamphlet and re-read it. I want to share the poem that Mrs. Kurland wrote for her Laura because she captures feelings that every parent who has lost a child experiences.

Since Heaven has become your home,
I sometimes feel I'm so alone.

And though we now are far apart
you hold a big piece of my heart.

I never knew how much I'd grieve,
when it was time for you to leave.

Or just how much my heart would ache,
from that one fragment you would take.

God lets my tender hole remain,
to remind me we will meet again.

And one day all my pain will cease,
when he restores the missing piece.

God will turn to joy, my every tear
and make all things very clear.

When we meet again on Reunion Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment