Thursday, June 25, 2015

Do you need a Whooping cough vaccine?

I will be a grand mom for the first time very soon. Last week I saw an ad on TV regarding the whooping cough vaccine urging grandparents to get vaccinated. Whooping cough? I thought that was a condition that Americans no longer had to consider. Well, I was wrong! Unfortunately, many people who spread it may not know they have it. 

The CDC recommends everyone, including those around babies, make sure their whooping cough vaccination is up to date. 

If you have any concerns, please check with your doctor or pharmacist. 

Fred and I received the vaccination without experiencing any soreness or redness in our arm. 

We can't wait to meet our precious grand daughter.





Reprinted from AARP magazine, June 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment