Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My first quilting project

Detail of my table runner
(starfish are free style and hand stitched)

This is more of the true color of the piece.

This is my first attempt at quilting and I am so pleased with the finished product. I took a few lessons at the Cozy Quilt Shop
in New Jersey. You can contact the owner, Denise, via:
denise@cozyquilter.com. I had a wonderful teacher named Marge. She was so patient, kind, and knowledgeable. She donated her own time to help us finish the project. She was very proud of her students. I look forward to starting another project soon. I decided to learn to quilt to help me deal with my grief. I needed something besides work to do that would ease my pain for a while. I started the class with a goal in mind. I want to create a quilt using Laura's clothing. I hope to start on that project in the fall. In the meantime, I want to try another design and hope to start a project soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment