Monday, June 8, 2009

Rainbow

Laura's Sun Glasses

I remember when Laura bought the glasses and when she lost them. She was really upset that she couldn’t find them. After she died, my brother found them in his car and gave them to me. He didn’t know who they belonged to but I recognized them immediately.

I went to the doctor at work for my annual eye exam on Thursday, June 4. The doctor comes once a year and he also offers frames at a discount for the staff’s convenience. I took Laura’s Michael Kors sun glasses with me to inquire about having my prescription put into the frames. The woman who is a total stranger to me asked me to put the glasses on so she could take measurements. I did and she gasped. She said to me that she couldn’t believe it but there was a rainbow going straight across the top of the lens. She was pretty astounded. I wasn’t. I told her they were my daughter’s glasses and my daughter passed away in November. She replied by saying, “Then you know what the rainbow means.”

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. After Uncle Charlie passed away, it was Easter a few days later and we were at Debra's house, and the way the chandelier was glistening there were rainbows all over my Mom's face. Every time I see a rainbow I think of Uncle Charlie and now I will think of my cousin Laura too! hugs

    ReplyDelete