Friday, August 28, 2009

My daughter, my friend

Today, I finally had time to visit "An Angels Touch Gift Shop" in Forked River. I have been wanting to stop in but never had the time, so after I was done working for the day I took a ride to the shop. I met gracious women in the store. Melinda & Liz were so welcoming that another customer and I stayed there for a couple of hours just talking! Both women shared some of their life experiences with us. I never did get the customer's name, but it doesn't matter. We were all there for a reason and it was well worth the trip.

While there, a customer came in looking for a unique gift for her friend who was moving. She asked us to help her and we did. She purchased a beautiful healing blanket. There are so many wonderful ones to choose. They are all handmade (and very soft) by a mom and her two daughters and blessed by a priest at St. Mary's. The family also prays the Rosary over each blanket before distributing them for sale.

I could not resist buying a beautiful angel which has a saying inscribed on the fold of her dress: My daughter, my friend. I am going to place it along side the angel that Laura bought me which has an endearing verse (I will post a picture and verse of the angel later).
Laura always put a lot of thought into her gifts, so when you received one from her you knew it was from her heart.
An Angels Touch Gift Shop
All Occasion Gifts

1 comment:

  1. A gift we received from Laura were coasters, she weaved a pattern on them that matched our decor for our new home when we got married.

    ReplyDelete