Monday, August 17, 2009

Please Don't Ask Me If I'm Over It

Please, don't ask me f I'm over it yet.
I'll never be over it.
Please, don't tell me Laura's in a better place.
She isn't here with me.
Please, don't say at least Laura isn't suffering.
I haven't come to terms with why she had to suffer at all.
Please don't tell me you know how I feel.
Unless you have walked in my shoes.
Please, don't ask me if I feel better.
Bereavement isn't a condition that clears up.
Please, don't tell me at least you had her for so many years.
What year would you chose for your child to die?
Please don't tell me God never gives us more than we can bear.
Please, just say your're sorry.
Please, just say you remember my daughter, if you do.
Please, just listen when I talk about Laura.
Please, mention her name and let me know it's okay to keep my precious memories alive.
Please, Just let me cry, if that's what I need to do for today.

Author Unknown
From Our Children, Our Hearts
Journey of Child Loss and Remembrance
edited by Emily Laitmon with Terry Toll

No comments:

Post a Comment