Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Suggested Reading: Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

This is an amazing book.  It is not a historical novel but it will enlighten you about the heart-wrenching act that took place in Nazi-occupied Paris on July, 16, 1942. I wasn't even aware of the role the French played in the heinous act until reading this book. Four thousand French Jewish children were murdered during the Vel’ d’ Hiv roundup, along with thousands of adults. You will definitely shed tears. The Holocaust can NEVER be forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't put it down! I loved the way the author weaves the fictional story into historical events. I didn't want to stop reading. In fact, I could've used one more chapter that explores the possibility of a happily-ever-after for Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the book so much. I think it was of the best books I have read in a while. Thanks for commenting. I appreciate it.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete