Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Today, Tuesday, July 5, I experienced a “first” at the beach.  I have been swimming in the Atlantic Ocean since I was eleven.  I have been tossed around by the strongest of large waves; lost a bathing suit top when I was fourteen; cut my foot on shells numerous times; and got stung by a Portuguese Man O War (you never forget the pain from that creature!)..I can now add to the list my latest experience getting tossed and tangled.  I truly thought I was going to drown!  I couldn’t release myself and get to the surface.  It felt like I was struggling to free myself for a long time but I know it wasn’t as long as it felt.  I kept telling myself not to panic and at the same time fighting to get my head above water. I couldn’t imagine what was holding me down. Finally, I was freed and I popped my head up immediately only to find that I was intertwined with another human!     

No comments:

Post a Comment