Saturday, September 14, 2013

Oreo's quilt

Sept 2013

 
 
I haven't done any sewing in a few months. To get me started again I thought I would use some stash and create a quilt for Oreo's crate. Oreo is my neighbor's new dog and he is the most precious pup. He already recognizes my voice and he gets so excited when he sees me (I get happy when I see him too!).
 
Anyway, the quilt looks cute but it turned out to be my worst project! My corners are all wrong; my quilting isn't the nicest; I tried sewing his name on the quilt numerous times and it just wouldn't come out satisfactorily so I ripped it out only about a dozen times. I think I spent more time tearing out stitches than the actual time to put the quilt together! I would have expected this type of workmanship on my first quilt!
 
Finally, I faced reality and stopped pulling out stitches and accepted the fact that sometimes nothing goes right with a project. I consoled myself by remembering Oreo is a canine. I don't think he is going to mind if the mitered corners aren't exact or that the back of the quilt isn't as nice as the front.
 
 I hope I will be able to snap a picture of Oreo resting on his quilt. If so, you will see it posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment