Thursday, December 12, 2013

Zoe or Zoey?

Our house guest is feeling more comfortable with us. The first night (Tuesday, Dec 10) she slept in her crate and didn't say a peep. She was quiet until we came down to the kitchen in the morning.
 
We can tell she is feeling more at home because last night she didn't want us to leave her in her crate. She whimpered for a few minutes before quieting down to sleep.

Her ears are shaped like Sierra's. I can visualize how Laura would bite Sierra's ears playfully. I think Laura would have done the same with this pup's ears.
 
She came to us with the name Eris (Ancient Greek: Ἔρις, "Strife") is the Greek goddess of chaos, strife and discord. Her name is translated into Latin as Discordia, which means "discord." I didn't like the name and now I dislike it more. So I am going to call her Zoë, Zoe, or Zoey (not sure how I am going to spell it), which means "life" in Greek. I think that is appropriate since we saved her from a kill shelter. I know what you are thinking--I am talking like I am keeping her. Honestly, I am not sure what we are going to do. She is so sweet and she is touching my heart. I do know she will be with us for a while.

Scandal is on so I will post more tomorrow. Need to go watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment