Sunday, December 29, 2013

Zoey meets Katrina

This morning's walk was interesting. We approached the same area where Katrina was poking around. She is a beautiful, large, shiny black (like me) Doberman, who I wanted to play with. Mama says Katrina is very well trained. Katrina at one time also needed a Forever Home and Andrea gave her a fabulous one.

Both encounters this morning were from a safe distance. Andrea says Katrina needs time to get to know me before we become best buds. Mama says Katrina goes on play missions with other dogs and they run through fields, of course they are supervised by the two-legged species. OMG, that sounds so wonderful. I think I will be dreaming of my large, almost new friend tonight while I am snoring away in dreamland.

I want you to know that I wasn't a bit afraid of Katrina but she did her nervous dance and on the second encounter around the pond she showed us her teeth for a quick second. Not a pretty site; I will have to remind her that is not becoming of her. Her mama handled her like a pro. Hey Katrina, I get it...you are afraid of little ole me. No worries, we will just keep meeting around the pond and before spring arrives we will be playing together, or at least walking together.

By the way, I am still wearing that life preserver. Although, Mama lets me go without it when I have my chain on and we go for walks. Thank goodness for the respect she shows me. I would not want beautiful Katrina seeing me with that thing around my neck. Oh, I just had an idea, maybe Mama will glue some fake diamonds on it so at least I won't look so pitiful. A pitiful mutt, how embarrassing!

Home to get my breakfast, meds, and a few kisses and hugs.

Woof, woof, till later...
Zoey

No comments:

Post a Comment