Sunday, March 10, 2013

David's Memory Quilt

Tonight we celebrated David's birthday with a delicious meal at a restaurant.
Afterward we presented him with his birthday gifts, one being a memory quilt
I made for him. His quilt has a dog theme and I incorporated Laura's jean
pockets on the front. Each pocket has names embroidered on them (see below).
Each smaller square has a quote about dogs.

I still have a few more memory quilts to make for family members (myself included).
Everyone in the family will eventually get one. I hope the quilts will be treasured
as much as I enjoyed making them. I want the recipients to cuddle with them
and give a thought of Laura when they do.

Currently, I am taking a break and creating two baby quilts for gifts.


Back: Inscription
In memory of Laura
Love Mom

Back of quilt: Dog bones & dogs

Front view





Unforgettable Sierra
David loves Danielle
Never Forgotten
Laura

Louie
 
Jackson






No comments:

Post a Comment